A comprehensive review published on the impact of the Coronavirus globally and in SA on the retail sector by RDS (Retail Development Services), a fellow CA&S Group company.
What are retailers doing?
- Protective equipment + wear for staff.
- Drive thru testing stations.
- Limiting number of shoppers in store.
- Free delivery + special times for elderly shoppers.
- Increased Click and Collect facilities.
- Shoppers to do hand sanitizing before entering a store.
- Limiting quantities on essential/high demand items.
- Washing down/Sanitizing of shopping trollies.
- Safety messages and announcements in-store on social distancing.
- Social distancing indicators at till points.
- Increased orders/space allocation on essentials.
- Author: William Steenkamp