Applications Close In...
Developing Tomorrow’s Leaders, Today
Are you a graduate with big dreams?
We’re looking for already working, degreed graduates who’re studying toward a post graduate qualification (Honours, Masters or Higher), interested in a career in retail services. The PnS graduate internship programme will put you in the fast lane, so that within two years you have gained the cross functional experience that will potentially equip you for a Regional Account Management role in our business.
Ready to gear up and get ahead? Read on to see if you qualify and what the programme entails.
A Graduate Internship Scheme
The PnS Future Leaders programme (FLP) is a graduate internship programme designed to develop and accelerate the capabilities of business leaders of tomorrow with on-the-job training and mentorship.
You will move around and work in and between various departments, widening your view and real-life experience of the workplace. You will enjoy experienced mentoring, formal training and professional development in each discipline.
Coaches & Buddy System
Interns will operate under the direct oversight of a General Manager, who are experienced and senior managers in our business. You will also be paired with a specific coach for the duration of the divisional rotation. You will shadow your coach while they go about the normal business of the day.
At the outset of the programme, interns will be given a developmental framework designed to provide structure to your growth and development over the two-year period ultimately building a personal “Portfolio of Evidence” (PoE) of your progress, outputs and achievements.
Portfolio of Evidence
Designed together with the FLP coaches and other subject matter experts, each rotational PoE framework will be made up of;
- Workplace tasks
- Research topics
- Discussion Topics
- Knowledge Assessments
Qualifying Criteria for Future Leaders
The PnS Future Leaders programme is designed for rapid promotion and professional training and development – at the Junior Divisional Level. It is a rotation-based programme, which includes networking and mentoring from senior leaders, real business projects and competitive remuneration.
- Applicants must be South African citizens who have been resident in South Africa for at least 3 years prior to application.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, studying towards an Honours Degree or Masters (all degrees and faculties welcome).
- A minimum of 2 years work experience is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who excelled academically and/or demonstrate potential.
- Applications are reviewed by a PnS adjudication panel, whose decision is final and binding.
The graduate Intern will be required to sign a 2-year contract as acceptance and agreement to the below-mentioned conditions. Only candidates who apply within the specified date and have completed the required application forms will be considered.
- NSDS equity targets
- quality of academic achievement
- motivational essay and strength of digital interview.
* Subject to PnS’ Diversity and Gender Policies.
Our route-to-market teams are tasked with the efficient implementation of point of purchase strategy, partnering with our clients to sell more and increase market share. From proactively increasing sales where we have the ability to influence orders, to building on-shelf visibility and optimising flow, activating and energising brands, we’re there to make certain that our clients stand out from the crowd and that their products are in stock, on shelf, all the time. Channels are serviced by a blend of dedicated, synergised and customised teams where appropriate.
Regardless of which business unit FLs work in, they are a team that’s working to create better futures every day.
Rotation in Field Sales and Service Execution:
You will know, understand and manage the four focus areas of PnS Retail Execution and Service Delivery; Distribution; Availability; Visibility & Promotions.
- How to achieve Operational Excellence
- External Workload Management
- Building the power of partnerships through excellent customer service
- The requirements of Internal Management
- How to achieve Operational Excellence for our clients by “Owning the Numbers”
Rotation in Key Accounts:
Account management is a strategic business approach with the objective of ensuring long-term and sustainable business partnerships with strategically important clients. For PacknStack, it is the method by which we manage our relationships with clients and maximise client satisfaction, turnover and profitability.
- The role of the Account Manager
- The client’s structure and contact requirements
- Requirements to maintain the applicable relationships
- How to ensure Client satisfaction
- How to handle New Business Development
Rotation in Financial Management:
You’ll be responsible for all financial accounting operations, including the presence of appropriate controls to ensure timely and accurate reporting. This will be in accordance with company guidelines and statutory/fiscal requirements.
- Understand PacknStack income as per SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- The client’s Finance Processes
Rotation in HR Services:
You’ll understand HR policies, systems and operations. Monitor and manage service levels to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Your role in ensuring “The right people in the right jobs”
- Your role as coach and mentor
- How to build a team environment
- How to build capacity within your team